Saturday, October 4, 2008

Think Pink

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. This is one of the causes I always support. You can check out the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation site if you'd like, for more information or to find a way to show your support. The girls and I went shopping today and found DVDs for the Cure. We picked up The Princess Bride, (actually it's the 20th anniversary edition). It's always kind of been one of my favorites, good old Wesley saves his lovely Buttercup, after overcoming all those formidable odds. I thought, I would share this tag I made, just to remind everyone to THINK PINK.
Deb, at The Dapper Doxie is having the grand opening of her new store, from the 1st through the 12th of October. All Digital Scrapbooking supplies will be marked down 20%. Deb has her newest kit, A New Beginning, available in her shop and on her blog, she has an add on freebie, for a limited time. So what are you waiting for? Get over there and shop!

This is one of my favorite pictures, from this summer, of Ayden with her daddy. She loves to go see Vern on the job site. If he is working close to home, we will occasionally take daddy some coffee, so she can have a quick visit and check out the progress.
Strong & Gentle digital kit credits: Baily digital scrapbook kit from The Dapper Doxie (some items colorized).
Fonts Used: Windsong, Porcelain, Mutlu & WhoopAss

We had a beautiful Indian summer last week and spent quite a bit of time outside getting to know the new baby horses, we got at a sale last weekend. Mickey & Jewel are gradually beginning to accept us. They are only about 6 months old and are adorable. Both Raquel & Ayden love them and we are planning for Jewel to be Raquel's horse in a couple of years. Now we are up to 8 horses. Things should be getting back to normal around here, as the house Vern has been waiting to frame, is ready. This will mean more job site visits for Ayden, as it is not too far away.

My dad found some more information regarding that wedding picture from 1939. I've rearranged the page a little and added some names, if you are interested you can look at it here. The gentleman seated next to the groom is my great grandfather and I think most of the other people identified are great uncles and aunts. Thanks dad, for finding that information for me.

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Hope you have a good week. Take Care!

2 comments:

KGould said...

beautiful page and such a great cause!

I have given you a little something on my blog so check it out!

Anonymous said...

Wow, love what you did with my kit Tracey!! That photo is wonderful, I so love seeing photo's of Dad's with their children. Thanks for using my kit. :)