Sunday, October 12, 2008

Forever

This month's challenge at Blush-n-Dusty Yahoo group is to create a wedding LO, using the beautiful mini kit from Blushbutter. You can get it as a freebie for participating in the challenge. Although I do have wedding pictures of my own, I decided I would rather do another couple pages for my heritage album. I think my wedding photos can wait to be scrapped for a few more years. These are some pictures from my grandpa Mike's wedding to my grandma Kay. My grandma Kay liked colors such teal and aquamarine, so I decided to colorize the paper and elements that I used.

Forever I & II digital kit credits: Victorian Wedding Digital Scrapbooking kit and Mini Wedding kit from Blushbutter
Fonts used: Porcelain, Chopin Script, Qlassik Bold & Kayleigh.

The journaling reads:

Katherine (Kay) met handsome Metro (Mike) on a blind date, which had been arranged by their mutual

friends, Milton and Alice. Kay had never been married and Mike was a widower with three young children,Peter, Joyce and Barbara.

They were married on August 8th, 1957 in Winfield, B.C., where Kay’s parents lived. Kay was 38 and Mike was 37. The family settled on the outskirts of Vernon, B.C., where Mike built them a new home on 2 acres of land. About a year after their marriage, their daughter, Gaileen was born.

Mike and Kay were married about 12 years, when Mike suddenly passed away, in 1969. Though they were short, they were happy years, filled with family and friends. After Mike’s death,Kay never remarried. Strengthen by her faith in God, she led a peaceful life, until she passed away.


We are having a rather quiet long weekend here at home. Vern has been working all weekend, but will be taking tomorrow off and we will have Thanksgiving Dinner. He ended up having a few more days off, last week, waiting for his floor system to be delivered, which finally got here Friday. Raquel decided to go to her dad's to celebrate the holiday, so Ayden and I were just hanging out at home. That was until I broke my toe on one of her little stools. So instead of making pumpkin pies today, we got to go to the hospital and wait around there most of the afternoon. They took a bunch of x-rays and it was defiantly broken, (it was sticking out at about 90 degrees the wrong way). So the Dr. froze it and gently repositioned it. Trust me, I do not recommend breaking your baby toe, I bet my foot will be black & blue tomorrow. "Ouwie", as Ayden says. Ayden keeps trying to put soft things on it for me, she is so sweet.


I updated my Two Hearts page from Mike & Lena's wedding. I talked to one of my great aunts this week and she was able to give me a little more information about my grandma Lena. You can check out their wedding page here, if you are interested.


I just wanted to say thank you to Karrie at Kez Creates for giving me a little blog award last week. That was so nice of her. Karrie has some terrific Los on her blog and she always keeps an eye out for the latest freebies.

My Nominees:

Doxie Designs Doxie Archives

Idgies Heart Song

Penlins Designs


Thanks for your comments. Hope you are having a nice long weekend, Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful 2 pager!! Love that color too!!

Sorry about your toe, that must be quite painful, hope the pain goes away soon. Thanks for the award! :)