Saturday, November 22, 2008

Moments

There are all kinds of moments in life. Some we wish we could forget and some we will always treasure. Memories can fade over time, but the moments captured in pictures can not be changed. Perhaps that is why it is said, "A picture is worth a thousand words."

This is the only picture I have of my father with my grandfather. (I love the little details, like the toys my dad and uncle are holding.) Not long after it was taken, my grandfather, Karl, returned to service and was later declared missing. The journaling reads: "This picture was taken on Karl's final leave home during WWII. (left to right) Hans Joachim, Elfriede, Eckhard, Karl & Arno. Shortly after it was taken, Elfriede and the children fled to a refugee camp in Denmark. The Russian soldiers ransacked their home in Penkun, Pasewalk, Germany. The marks on the picture are from their boots. Relatives recovered the picture and returned it after the war."

Family Moment 1943 digital kit credits: A New Beginning Digital Scrapbook kit & freebie from The Dapper Doxie
Fonts used: Kunster Script, Narkisim & Pristina

This week at our house was rather a long one. Ayden, Raquel and Vern have all been sick. Raquel stayed home from school most of the week, but was starting to feel better Thursday. Ayden finally seems to be feeling better today and more like her sweet little self. She REALLY dislikes taking any medicine, so it's pretty hard to give her anything to make her feel better. We had a pretty good snowfall earlier this week, but the temperatures are supposed to be mild, so most of it will probably melt away before we get more.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I hope you have a nice weekend!

1 comment:

Deb said...

I love this Tracey!! Thanks so much for using my kit. I love that photo and how you used the flowers. :)