Sunday, February 10, 2008

My Valentine

Well, we seem to be in between Chinooks. Another chilly day, but it is supposed to warm up starting tomorrow again. Have some things to take care of in the city, so that will be alright. It seems every time we have appointments to go o, the weather is bad, so this will be a nice change.

February's challenge at Blush-n-Dusty Yahoo Group is to create a page using something or someone you love. I decided to use my favorite picture of Vern. These pictures were taken a few years ago.
The Song is : God Bless the Broken Road written by Marchs Hummon, Bobby Boyd and Jeff Hanna. Performed on the 2004 release by Rascal Flatts "Feels Like Today".
"Bless The Broken Road"

I set out on a narrow way many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
Couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you

Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like Northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

I think about the years I spent just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true

Now I'm just rolling home
Into my lover's arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you.

Broken Road Digital Kit Credits: Valentines Mini challenge kit, long stem rose freebie and Baby Girl Heart Strings Mega Kit by Blushbutter
Forever Yours kit, freebie by Pelin's Designs
Love Bug by Art Within Designs
Fonts used: Jacki's Hand & Papyrus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this!! Cool how you used the song for the layout! Lovely page, and great photo!