Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wisp in the Wind

Another busy week, with Ayden forever perfecting her climbing skills. Raquel wasn't feeling too well and spent a couple of days home from school last week. I have made some changes to my blog. After much indecision as to a theme, I finally came up with a header. I would like to express my appreciation to Vanessa for allowing me to use her pretty Fairies in the Garden kit.

Which leads me to my next piece of news. I am so VERY happy that my friend, Vanessa, has accepted me on her Creative Team at Blushbutter. It is due to Vanessa's beautiful graphics that I became interested in digital scrapbooking. If you'd like, you can check out my About You page, on her site here. If you haven't been curious enough to check out Blushbutter's site, you been missing out on some of the most amazing Scrapbooking kits, elements and papers. Vanessa is truly one of the most talented designers I know. Her kits also print up beautifully and I have used them in quite a few hybrid pages in the past. Thank you Vanessa for having me on your team.

In celebration, I decided to do the following LO. This is a picture of my Mom with my Grandmother. Unfortunately, my grandmother passed away at an early age, when my Mom was very young. We don't have a lot of information about her, but are lucky to have several pictures. I am still researching and hope one day to get more details.

I wrote the poem myself. The Wisps in the Wind bit had been floating about in my head for a while, (as I'm sure Idgie recalls). It seemed to fit with the feel of this page to me. It reads as follows:

Wisps in the Wind
We are like wisps in the wind
Time moving by so fast
An emptiness of the heart
A moment that couldn't last
Fragments from another time
My mind wanders for awhile
Forever in my memories
In another face I've seen your smile.
Wisps in the Wind LO digital kit credits: Blushbutter's Victorian Heritage Replica Scrap Kit and Digital Old Photo Frames with Creases.
Fonts: Palatino Linotype and & Kayleigh

I made the Lacy Screen frame from a tut using a background paper from the kit. Actually it is one of my lessons from my PSP group and I thought it was so pretty, I just wanted to use it in a LO.

Below, is a simple tag I finished recently. This picture was taken on the west coast of British Columbia at Florencia Bay Uclulet/Tofino on December 21, 2007. I think it is truly beautiful. I wish I could spend some time watching the waves...

Photography credits: CSC Photography - used with permission.

I hope you all enjoy the changes and are having a great week.

2 comments:

blushbutter said...

oh my, Tracey your layout just took my breath away!!! I wasn't expecting to see that, I've not looked at the groups mail yet and thought I'd drop in on your site and here is a most wonderful page, I want to make a screen like that to!!!!! wow!!
Thank's for joining my team I'm so bleassed to have you create pages with my little odd things :)
tfs
hug's
blush

Deb said...

This is just such a beautiful layout Tracey! Sorry your babies have been sick.