Thursday, July 3, 2008

Spaghetti! Spaghetti!

Summer is here! We've had some beautiful weather the past few weeks and the girls & I have been spending lots of time outside. Raquel is enjoying the fact that school is out for another year. She is so proud of herself for passing into Gr. 4. We had a busy couple of weekends, with Vern's mom & Jim stopping in and then Brian & Judy surprised us with a visit this past weekend. My mom & dad will be coming this weekend with Madison, so of course, the girls are looking forward to that.

Here is another page for the girls heritage album. I decided to do this page, because Raquel brought home the poem in her end of the year school work and I thought it was so cute. It seemed to go so well with this picture I had of Vern. Seems to me that this is exactly how a 4 year old feels about spaghetti. The poem is by Jack Prelutsky.

Spaghetti! Spaghetti!
Spaghetti! spaghetti!
you're wonderful stuff,
I love you, spaghetti,
I can't get enough.
You're covered with sauce
and your sprinkled with cheese,
spaghetti! spaghetti!
oh, give me some more please.

Spaghetti! spaghetti!
piled high in a mound,
you wiggle, you wriggle,
you squiggle around.
There's slurpy spaghetti
all over my plate,
spaghetti! spaghetti!
I think you are great.

Spaghetti! spaghetti!
I love you a lot,
your slishy, you're sloshy,
delicious and hot.
I gobble you down
oh, I can't get enough,
Spaghetti! spaghetti!
your wonderful stuff.

Spaghetti! Spaghetti! digital kit credits: A Touch of Legacy from Nath Fun Stuff.
Dragonfly by Art Within Designs from kit elements
Fonts used: Calligraph421 BT, Accent Wet Noodle, Alba, Papyrus & Blackletter686 BT

Thanks for your comments and have a nice weekend!

2 comments:

blushbutter said...

oh how cool, I have definetly got to scraplift this journalling!! I love my spaghetti too :D
hug's
blush

Gem said...

perrrrrfect for my 1 yr old grandson's spaghetti page! scraplifting here I go! thanks!
Gem